Musician Treatment Foundation
Please join us in supporting The Musician Treatment Foundation.
The Musician Treatment Foundation (MTF) assists in providing surgical and nonsurgical care for the shoulder, elbow, and hand injuries of uninsured and underinsured professional musicians so they can maintain their livelihoods and keep the music playing for us all. MTF is dedicated to fostering a world that cares for its injured musicians regardless of their ability to pay.
On average, professional musicians spend over 90% of their time performing live on the road, away from personal and medical support systems. Injuries can arise at any moment from the repetitive intensity of playing instruments and from unexpected accidents. With this in mind, we are a unique nonprofit – in design, scope, and breadth – that facilitates and funds upper limb treatment and continuity of care for needful musicians at home and on tour.
Our mission is driven by five initiatives:
1. CARE and support for the shoulder, elbow, and hand problems of uninsured and underinsured professional musicians.
2. EDUCATE musicians, both amateur and professional, on upper limb injuries and preventative techniques that will minimize or prevent musician-specific injuries.
3. BUILD the first physician-surgeon network and musician registry dedicated to facilitating care across the country and around the world.
4. CREATE the first cloud-based platform to allow state-of-the-art remote preoperative, postoperative, and non-operative continuity of care.
5. SHARE new research and outcomes data with the world to illuminate the unique diagnostic and treatment issues facing all musicians.